Source: Author: Date: Click:
Theres an injured deer in my yard...? Its just sitting in the %26#039;wild%26#039; part of my yard.
When i saw it, it was just standing, but it sat down and i noticed that its hindquarters were bloody/scarred
what should i do? its been over half an hour and the deer%26#039;s still sitting in the same spot.

I dont know whether to help it myself or to call an animal hotline.
please help me...

and any answers regarding killing it are unappreciated.

Additional Details

5 months ago

I just went back outside, the deer was standing up, moved over a little, but naturally, it froze and didnt move when it saw me.

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

Try setting it on fire. 38% 3 Votes

Other Answers (12)

  • Call you local animal control center. Just call your local help line(411) or whatever,and tell them your situation,and they will come out real fast to help that deer.Don%26#039;t go out and mess with the deer!!!, It is wild and you could get hurt,leae it to ah pro to handle it. Call now! 0% 0 Votes
  • Kill it and eat it. Venison is tasty. 0% 0 Votes
  • you should call animal control. dont try to mend the animal you should leave in alone, they need special care so it is reccomended that you leave it to the expertts. 0% 0 Votes
  • I would contact your local animal control office. They should be able to come by and help the deer. 13% 1 Vote
  • call a wild life center try to save it please they are beautiful animals 13% 1 Vote
  • call animal control!!! 25% 2 Votes
  • Dude, the deer is suffering and the humane thing to do would be to put it out of its misery. If you call a game warden or the fish and game in your area, that is exactly what they are going to do. Letting it sit there and suffer is way more cruel than shooting it. I know how you feel about the deer, I grew up in Dallas Texas and moved to Arkansas after graduating from school and I understand how you think deer are so cute. If you can%26#039;t take care of this problem, please find someone that can. Otherwise, coyotes will smell the blood and attack him and eat him. Do you think that slower more savage death would be a better way for the deer to die? 0% 0 Votes
  • You should call animal services the wildlife section. 0% 0 Votes
  • call 999 is the best option. For if you approach it now, you might startle it and make it worse since you have no experience on this what so ever. 0% 0 Votes
  • You can call the local conservation officer. They will decide if the animal is to badly injured to be helped or if it needs to be out down. If it needs to be put down the they usually know families that can use the meat so it is not wasted. I know that it sounds awful but sometimes it needs to be done. 0% 0 Votes
  • I think you should %26quot;help yourself%26quot; to the deer. They make good eating. This one is still on the hoof so to speak, so it is fresh.
[TOP] [Close]
Slide Show